Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hangover Recovery

Just checking in to let you all know that I am still alive. I know I've been MIA on the blog here, but after the whirlwind of Purpose's release party, I've just been taking a little breather. In other words, recovering from the hangover - a virtual one, but still... That and catching up on some much needed personal tasks. Because there's this big holiday this weekend, in case you weren't aware, and except for a little decorating, I hadn't done anything.

But now gifts are bought (though not all wrapped), the long distance ones have been sent and cookies and other chocolatey, peanut-buttery delights have been created. The herd has been home from school all week, making it a bit of a sugar-high madhouse around here.

I've also been thinking about this year - the good, the bad and the ugly - and my goals for next year. At least, my writing goals. I'm excited for next week. A whole week off the day job, which I'm going to spend as if I didn't have a day job. As if I write full-time. I'm ridiculously excited about this, especially after realizing how little writing I actually did this year. So while the herd enjoys their Winter Break - which will probably include a day or two at the beach because that's how winter is around here (in which case I might have to join them) - I'll be enjoying a Writer Break.

What about you? Are you ready for Christmas? Any special plans for the rest of the holiday season?

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Does that mean that I get book 3 for my birthday??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy writing! You've earned the vacation, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ready for Christmas! I don't have that much time off, but I do intend to write.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Nothing to say? Just say "hi" so I know you were here.