Friday, December 3, 2010

Getting Ready for the Purpose Virtual Release Party

I promised on Tuesday that I'd post on Wednesday more about the Purpose Virtual Release Party. Yeah, didn't happen. Sorry. I'm still nailing down some details...besides that thing called "life" kind of got in the way, too.

But I'm really, really excited about this party. Because I'm turning the idea of a virtual release party upside down. In other words, it's not going to be all about Purpose and me and the Soul Savers Series. As described in Teaser Tuesday, my characters celebrate Christmas a little differently than most of us and I'm taking their lead.

Since the release party is virtual, I can't exactly go out on the streets to do random acts of kindness. Instead, I'll be out on the interwebz, "purpose"-fully looking for opportunities to help people out. And to give stuff away. Like books. And swag. And not just mine. I have all kinds of fun stuff to give away and can't wait to do it!

Here on the blog, I'll be randomly featuring blogs and their writers, books and their authors, and charities and causes. And I'll be giving away more stuff. Tis the season for giving, right?

Sooooo...what does it mean for you? Well, as the term "random" means "without aim, reason or pattern," you never know what will be going on, who will be visiting or where I'll be giving stuff away. It might be here at any given time. Or maybe Facebook or Twitter. Or maybe on your blog. And it might be from Alexis or Tristan.

To maximize your chances of winning, be sure you follow here, the Promise site, the Purpose site, my Facebook author page, my Twitter account, Alexis's Twitter account and Tristan's Twitter account.

We'll also be doing a standard giveaway for the grand prize, which I'll announce on Sunday. I "promise." I have to - that's the kickoff day. So be sure to come back to start gathering entries for that one, too. 

If you like the idea of paying it forward and helping others out, feel free to use it. Of course, it's not my idea. But I'm pretty sure the originators wouldn't mind if you borrowed it, being that's the point and all. And if you've heard a great story or have your own example to share, I'd love to hear it!

P.S. If you'd like to be part of the virtual tour and host a guest post or an interview of me or any of the characters, there's still space. Just drop me a line at kristie (at) kristiecook (dot) com.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea Kristie! I'll keep my eyes open and am curious to see all the great events you plan :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I better start following all these sites! Great idea! I'm really looking forward to it =D

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Nothing to say? Just say "hi" so I know you were here.