Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - WRATH

Are you ready for a tease from Wrath, Book 5 in the Soul Savers Series? Yeah, I thought so. *snicker* Before you ask, though, I think we have an "official" release date, but I can't share it yet. Stay tuned. It won't be too long from now, I promise.

So, that's your tease.

Haha! Just kidding! Here's a bit from Wrath

(****SPOILER ALERT!!!**** If you haven't finished Power, DO NOT READ THIS.)

He was gone. Really gone.

My little boy, my baby, the light of my life. Gone.

No matter how hard I tried, how far I pushed the boundaries of my mind to feel across the sea of mind signatures, I couldn’t find his. Of course I couldn’t. But I knew where I could.

My fingers curled into Sasha’s white and gray striped fur, trying to soothe her though I had no soothing vibes within me. I sat on my knees in the bedroom part of the safe house suite where I had left Dorian, where I thought he’d be safe when I couldn’t be there to protect him myself. The lykora’s head lay in my lap, her silver blood staining the blue-and-cream Oriental rug around her and coagulating on her back where one of her wings had been severed. Who could be so cruel? Stupid question. I knew that answer, too. Heavy arms hung over my shoulders, arms that usually gave me comfort but now trembled with sobs.

“Can you heal her?” I asked, my voice sounding rough and distant. When I received no answer, I asked again, each word discrete and deliberate. “Tristan, can you heal her?”

He lifted his head from my shoulder, but Blossom answered first.

“She’s an Angelic being, Alexis,” she said from behind me. “She’ll heal on her own.”

“Good,” I said. I picked up my dagger, wiped her blood off of it and onto my leather pants, put it back where it belonged on my hip and flashed.

Tampa. Gainesville. Tallahassee. Rural Alabama and Mississippi. From here, I followed the path Vanessa and I had taken only two days before, barely seeing the landscape of each place before flashing to the next one. Tristan finally caught up to me outside of Kansas City.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight against his chest, preventing me from flashing again.
“Where are you going?” he asked, his lovely voice distorted with the two primary emotions roiling within me—anger and grief. Mostly anger. The kind that didn’t dissipate but built with each passing moment.

“To Hades,” I answered flatly.

“Alone?”

“Unless you’re coming with me, yes.”

“Alexis, we can’t just waltz into Hades—”

“Not waltz. Storm.” The raging storm that was building inside me.

“Still. We can’t—”

“I guess that’s your answer then.” I pushed a spark of electricity into him and used the moment of surprise to flip my way out of his hold. Then I flashed.

Again and again.

But my power was waning. After flashing my way halfway across the world already once in the last two days, fighting my way out of Hades and escaping Lucas the sperm donor, I hadn’t been able to truly regenerate. I had to pause longer between each flash, but each time I did, I envisioned what I would do when I got to Hades. The throats I would slash. The Demons I would fry to a crisp. Lucas’s life I would take, but only after slicing the smirk off his face and carving his eyeballs out with my silver dagger and stuffing them into his lipless mouth.


The thoughts should have terrified me, but they only pushed me on.

34 comments:

  1. !!!!!!!!!!!! Can't freakin' wait!!!

    Donna from Kalamazoo, MI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Just Awesome. Squeeling with excitement!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Freaking. God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely amazing! I am so looking forward to the release!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This can't come quick enough!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting too anxious! Time couldn't pass any slower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg omg omg I cant wait now ive really missed the feelings these books give me :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMIGOSH!! I cant wait another day!!! I need to read this :s

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing!!! I am so looking forward to the next book. The entire story has captivated me!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait any longer need to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holly Crap! Amazing!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Skimming through 1-4. It has been so long since I read the last book. Very excited for Alexis to kick some ass.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please please please don't make us wait too long. Cannot wait to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so excited for this next installment. What an awful cliffhanger to end with, on the last book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sooooo excited about this book...can't wait to read it!I am hooked on this series!!!!Thank you for hours of reading entertainment. :))))))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Teasers are torcher! I can hardly wait for the release!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg I Just Finished the last book and I did a search to see that there is another one woot cant wait love this series and I can not wait for the next one .. Please hurry I love the series ..Read all four in one weekend hurry Please woot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omg....cliff hanger after cliff hanger... That wasn't a lil tease, that was a big fat juicy tease, that has brought all the anticipation back to the surface. Hope haven't got much longer to wait, I need it like I need air to breath. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Kristie! I need to read Power again, before the release of Wrath. Love Alexis growth! Thanks for the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whenever i read a book i like it....only your books i have gotten into so much i lose track of time and no body exsists......i cant wait for this one to come out....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Holy Hades! I need to re-read Power before reading Wrath. I thought the title was perfect before, it's even better now. EPIC my friend, EPIC!!! <333

    ReplyDelete
  23. never been more excited about anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can't wait for the release....

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am impatiently waiting the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just finished Power, need Wrath ASAP!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Omg I can not wait for Wrath. I am so excited for it. Bummed when spring came and went and no book but finally found a blog about it being late and got excited again. Please oh please what's the release date.

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG I so can't wait. I just started the series but finished all the books in 2 days and of course loved them. COME ON KRISTIE! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just hurry up already. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  30. OK. Ready for the next book.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Incredible author, I am truly irrevocably hooked on these brilliantly clever books. Waiting waiting for the next instalment. ......

    ReplyDelete
  32. these are my favourite books... I waited almost a year for this book. I am so excited !!!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Nothing to say? Just say "hi" so I know you were here.