Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - WRATH

Wrath is out to the beta readers right now, but I've already started another round of edits. Almost to the end of the process. Meep! I'm anxious about the betas' feedback, especially for the end, so it's a little hard to focus. What better way to distract myself than to share a tease? *grin* Next Friday, you'll be able to read the whole thing! Yay!

So here's your Teaser Tuesday:

Vanessa and Victor both jumped when I appeared right next to them at the top of the Sanibel lighthouse, on a landing below the light itself. The vamps weren’t used to being snuck up on.

“How the hell . . . ?” Victor wondered.

“I warned you,” Vanessa sneered, but I didn’t care who she warned or what about. I’d deal with her later.

I lunged for Victor, knocking him against the metal railing that kept us both from plunging nine stories to the ground below. His back bowed over the railing as the tip of my silver dagger pushed into the skin above his heart. Amadis power flowed through the weapon while electricity charged from my other hand. I kept both powers at moderate levels only because I needed information before I killed him.

“Where’s my son?” I demanded, practically spitting each word in his face.

His mouth contorted, stretching scars that marked his normally smooth and pale skin.

“I don’t know,” he hissed as his ice-blue eyes darted around nervously.


Liar,” I seethed. I dug the point of the dagger further into his skin. He let out a small yelp. “But if you really don’t know, I have no reason to keep you alive.”

“Give me that f*&^%ing dog of yours and maybe I’ll tell ya,” Victor said, throwing me off guard a little. He must have seen the flicker of confusion in my eyes. “Look what she did to me!”

His arms twitched at his side, drawing the moon’s glow to scars all over his arms, too.

“You were in the safe house,” I said, and anger rushed forth again as the vision of him fighting Sasha filled my mind. I increased the current through my hand, electricity crackling between us accompanied by the sound and smell of singeing skin. “TELL ME WHERE HE IS!”

Victor began to tremble, and I pushed the dagger in deeper. The electric power charged through his body and into the railing. Vanessa jumped back with a small whimper—she must have been touching the metal railing that now carried the current.

“Alexis,” Vanessa said quietly from behind me, “he’s our brother.”

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait! I will start rereading the series from the beginning and then start wrath, when it's available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait either, I am so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh! I'm so anxious to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read the others so glad i don't have long to wait for wrath as desperate to continue their story!!!! Love them

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited! You're a wonderful author:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it. Couldn't put the book down. Curious, will there be a continuation or is this it?

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Nothing to say? Just say "hi" so I know you were here.