Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

If you subscribe to my newsletter, you've heard - or seen may be a better word - the exciting news. After a long pow-wow with my publisher this weekend, we've made a major decision that leads to more exciting news. But that's all I can say right now. So there's your tease!

Had to do something, because the rest of this post isn't really a tease. You get it all today! Here's the newsletter article:

New Cover Love
Lots of people have told me how they love the flowers on the covers of Promise and Purpose. They're very lovely and stunning, I can agree. The covers get placed on best cover lists, but always somewhere in the middle. They're pretty, but they're not great.

People also don't get the symbolism and wonder what the covers mean. They say, "Pretty, but why?" Yes, the flowers do represent something - someone - Alexis. The leaves represent characters, too. There really was reason to it all, but it's just not obvious enough. I also think a lot of people mistake the books for YA (Young Adult) because of these covers.

Add to that the fact that there wasn't a similar look to use for Devotion or the rest of the series. The idea we had when we selected these flowers doesn't really apply to the story anymore.

And, finally, in this long-winded explanation of what I'm about to show you...I did the original covers. I have just enough graphic design experience to be dangerous, but not enough to do OMG WOW! I wanted a pro, but all kinds of things happened at once that led me to design these.

So now I'm delighted to share that I've been working on new covers with the multi-talented Brenda Pandos, who can do OMG WOW! And not just for Genesis and Devotion. But she also re-did Promise and Purpose!


Aren't they gorgeous??? You are the first to see them! They'll go live by the end of the month. If you have the paperback(s) with the flower covers, you'll be one of fewer than 1,000 people who ever will own those. Does that mean anything? Maybe not right now, but who knows for the future, right? As for ebooks, there are thousands of those out there, but I don't know if they'll be updated with the new files or not. Not sure how that works.


5 comments:

  1. Love the new covers. Wish I had waited to get the books on my nook to get those gorgeous covers.

    Jackiebkworm

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOVIES!!!! haha I sort of hope so but then again don't. movies always ruin an AMAZING book! They look great XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, love the covers! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGooooodnesss... I now have to buy them all over again!!!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Nothing to say? Just say "hi" so I know you were here.