Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day

Happy Birthday, U.S.A.!

This is the day to celebrate our independence - our freedom and liberty granted to us 235 years ago and protected for us ever since by our troops. Don't forget to thank a soldier or a vet for the freedom we can still celebrate.

In the spirit of independence and as an indie author, I wanted to share something about independence in the book industry. It's the opening message, "Miss Independence" by Bethanne Patrick, written for Shelf Awareness for Readers. I love how she said it. Go read it.

But first...I wish you and yours a very happy and safe 4th of July!

4 comments:

  1. I think I will hug a soldier. Or two. I have a Marine and an Airman coming to my house today for a bbq.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all Americans on Independence Day. Hope you've had a wonderful day of celebrations.

    Judy, South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 4th does seem extra special for indie authors doesn't it?! I'm off to check out that post. I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Nothing to say? Just say "hi" so I know you were here.