Thursday, August 5, 2010

Party Pics

The Promise real-life release party was a blast. I wish you all could have been there. Maybe next time? A few fun pics to share:

These beauties were my very first readers, before I ever really thought about publishing my writing. That book I'm holding is a beautiful scrapbook they made for me. Did I cry? Of course! I love these girls.
A few members of the herd of teens. I wasn't kidding about them! This is the core group - minus my oldest's girlfriend and a couple friends of my youngest - but there are usually others around, too. (Back row, first three from the left are mine. And I'm in 2 1/2" heels!)
My lovely business partner, Chrissi, and me. Yes, we love confusing our clients with our names. Not really.
Readers checking out their books. :)
Friends enjoying the Promise cupcake...and other refreshments.
Sign...
Pack...
Ship!

3 comments:

  1. Kristie, Congrats on your book release. Can't wait to read. Whats your opinion on editors? Where to find a good one? I've followed your book release and thought it was done exceptionally well. You've given me hope on releasing a book I've written but had no way to publish. I'm at the stage where it needs a good edit. Any thoughts??? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh - sorry I just noticed this! I feel like an arse for not answering you sooner. So...editors. There are tons of freelancers out there. I suggest getting recommendations, though. Then have them do 20 or 50 pages and see how it works for both of you. It shouldn't cost too much and you can see if they're someone you can work with for the entire book.

    I definitely think it's worth it, if you can afford it, especially if you self-publish. If you can't afford it, a selection of 3-5 beta readers who are also writers can work quite well, in my experience. In fact, sometimes better. You can get multiple viewpoints and then make the decisions yourself, rather than relying on one person's perspective who may have something different in mind for the story than you do.

    I think I could have written a whole blog post on this. LOL Hope it helps, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are great! Thanks for sharing them. It looks like you had a great time. That is a LOT of books to sign!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Nothing to say? Just say "hi" so I know you were here.