Friday, August 6, 2010

Five for Friday

Friday is more than half over, although there's still Friday night. That's the best part, right? ;-) But today has just been full of really cool and crazy things:

  1. First, it's Friday! Cool all by itself!
  2. I found out one of our day-job clients is married to a prolifically published author! I hope to meet her one day very soon. That's just too cool.
  3. We got tickets to see Aerosmith in Tampa tomorrow. I've never seen them and I'm really looking forward to it. Especially to the fact that I won't be the oldest in the crowd. LOL Recently, we've been to Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace and 30 Seconds to Mars and we've always been the geezers. Now I'll be the baby. :-)
  4. My son got inked! Yes, it's frawesomely cool. But he's 16 and he's my son! A part of me weeps, but I like it and I'm glad he got something that will still mean something to him in 25 years - he'll still be Irish. LOL And it refers to a Bible verse, so that's pretty cool. It's very well done and if I decide to get an Amadis tattoo, I know where I'll go now (if not Miami Ink). What is Amadis? You'll have to read Promise to find out. ;-)
  5. And last but definitely not least...Promise has been selected as a finalist for the Royal Palm Literary Award by the Florida Writers Association! Woohoo!!

Many reasons to celebrate. So I'm going to do just that. Have a cool and crazy weekend, lovelies!

5 comments:

  1. Wow that a beautiful tatoo! I hope to get one on the side of my calf one day that is a strip of three pictures me and two of my friends took four years ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congrats to you for PROMISE being selected as a finalist for the award! That's fantastic! I love your son's tattoo, but 16?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caitlin, sounds cool. I've yet to find something that I'm so committed to having forever emblazoned on my body. But I think something from my books will always have meaning to me. If I can just figure out exactly what they look like (there are two elements I have in mind right now). We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Heather! And 16? Yes, I know. We almost had him talked out of it, but he had met all of our demands and had picked something that would still have meaning in the future. We really didn't think he'd go through with it, but he held up his side of the bargain and still wanted to, so there it is.

    Thankfully, my 17 (almost 18) year old changed his mind. His choice was also cool, but that's all. No meaning; just cool. For now. He might not think so much of it when he's older. When I pointed out that his tastes will change over the years but it will still be there, he actually said, "Mom made a lot of sense..." My jaw dropped. You don't hear that out of the mouths of teens very often! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so many great news :-) First of all CONGRATS for Promise being selected as a finalist!! Way to go! :-)

    Have fun at the concert, I'm sure an Aerosmith concert will be minblowing :-D

    Wow, nice tattoo, I don't see that amny parent supportive of their children getting tattoo, it is good your sons could talk to you about it, that way they didn't get a tattoo made in a shady place. That wing looks great. And wow, he has the body of a man!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Nothing to say? Just say "hi" so I know you were here.