Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

TRUE BLOOD!!!! I have Season 2 on DVD in my hands! Woohoo!

No, I have not seen all of the second season. I admit it. The Man and I watched Season 1 on DVD last year and didn't subscribe to HBO in time for the start of Season 2, so we've been waiting patiently. Well, he has. I cheated and watched some of the episodes at a friend's house. But we will be watching all of the episodes back-to-back the rest of the week, getting ready for Season 3 to start in 19 days (which I know because of that handy counter down at the bottom *grin*).

So this week's teaser is from the latest Sookie Stackhouse book, Dead in the Family. I haven't started it yet - I'm making myself finish Dracula first, so it's a teaser for me, too. So I'm flipping to a random page to see what exciting tease I can share...
I wasn't going to ask Bill why he was reluctant to contact someone who could help him. Bill was a stubborn and persistent man, and I wasn't going to be able to persuade him otherwise since he'd made up his mind. We sat in silence for a moment.

"Do you love Eric?" Bill said, all of a sudden. His deep brown eyes were fixed on me with the total attention that had played a large part in attracting me to him when we'd met.

Was everyone I knew fixated on my relationship with the sheriff of Area Five?

Nope, not gonna give away her answer, for all of us who haven't read it yet. :-) And if you have - or beat me to it - well, I just read ahead anyway. Bwahahaha!


3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...that was quite a teaser! Can you believe I've never read a Charlaine Harris book? I'm so behind the times. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've given up on Sookie. Bill almost died for her. She wouldn't even snuggle with him to bring his health back when he was willing to die for her.

    Eric is a amoral killer, but he's a stud muffin so what does Sookie care?

    I like my heroines to have more graditude and heart than Sookie's been showing. I know I'm in the minority. But I like Bill better.

    Roland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I still need to finish Dracula. I started it back in... 2007 or 2008, not sure. But lost the book, so I haven't finished reading it. Haven't read any books from the teaser, oh well.

    And you have a blogger award over at my Dawn Embers blog cause you amuse me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Nothing to say? Just say "hi" so I know you were here.