I'm grateful for so much in my life throughout the year and thank God every day, but I don't always get a chance to specifically say it aloud to the world. So in celebration of Thanksgiving, each Thursday in November here on the blog I'll be sharing some things I'm thankful for.
This week I am thankful for the people in my life:
- My Herd (aka my sons), without a doubt. I appreciate their presence in my life, their love, the ability to love them, the lessons they've taught me and all the blessings they've brought me. I love them more than can ever be communicated and I am so thankful for the time we've had together.
- The Man - I just don't think there's anyone else out there who would put up me with any better. He's been a real trooper and I'm thankful we've made it this long.
- The rest of my family - my parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews and in-laws. I'm very lucky to have a fabulous group (and it's a very large group!) of in-laws.
- The Best Business Partner Ever - Until they've been in business with someone else, people don't really understand the importance of a good business partner. In many ways, this person is much like your spouse. When you go into business with someone else, you are not only financially responsible for yourself, but also for your partner and their family. You must find someone who complements your strengths and weaknesses, who has similar financial goals, values and beliefs and who you can trust just as much (if not more than) your spouse. I am soooo blessed to have Chrissi in my life not just as a friend but as the Best Business Partner Ever (for me).
- Friends, some whom I've known since childhood and some I've known for only a few years. I have a wide circle of people I call friends, even some I've never met (you!), and a very small circle of really close friends who are practically sisters. I'm grateful for all of you.
- Other writers, some who are close friends, some who probably don't know who I am, all who have been a huge support network in this crazy occupation. Thank God, too, for the internet and our ability to connect, making this profession a lot less lonelier than it used to be.
- Readers who are fans and even those who are not. I am thankful for everyone who picks up a book rather than the remote or game controller because you keep our industry going. And I am really thankful for those who have read my books, who spread the word about them with reviews or just by blabbing their real or virtual mouths and who write to let me know how much they love my books and characters. I am so grateful for fan mail. Every day I get a huge smile on my face from my fans - you keep me going.
- Finally, I'm thankful for all the people who have entered and either remained or left my life. I strongly believe God puts each person in our lives - whether for a minute or for a lifetime - for a reason. We've needed to come into contact or know each person either for our benefit or for theirs and most likely, for everyone's, even those who have hurt us. So I'm grateful for every little touch my life has received from someone else and for every little touch I've been able to give others.