|Squash half right out of the oven.|
|Jab fork into flesh and pull up as if stirring to get strands.|
- Cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Fill a baking dish with about 1/2" of water.
- Put squash halves cut side down.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes or until tender.
- Using a fork, shred the squash into strands.
Now you can do all kinds of fun things with it!
- For a basic side dish, simply add butter, salt and pepper.
- Like it sweet? Add butter and brown sugar.
- Feeling adventurous? Try this interesting taco recipe.
- My go-to choice - top with my favorite sauce (red or white, meat or meatless), add a side vegetable and serve with garlic bread. The photo below shows the squash with red sauce and Italian sausage, topped with fresh Mozzarella and green beans on the side. Yum!
Spaghetti squash with red sauce
Have you ever made spaghetti squash? What's your favorite recipe?